The latest from the AFC West:
- Raiders free-agent-to-be Rashad Jennings tells Scott Bair of CSNBayArea.com that he’d “love to return” to Oakland, but acknowledges that a new deal with the team is no sure thing. “I never look for a promise from anyone,” Jennings said. “Every year, I want an opportunity. Nothing is a given in this league. All I want is a chance to play in a system that fits my style of play.”
- Blair also tweeted that the “Raiders remain a major player for” Jennings.
- Although he thought the Chiefs might have interest in free agent safety Mike Mitchell, Terez A. Paylor of the Kansas City Star tweets that there’s nothing doing on that front for now.
- Paylor tweeted that the Chiefs have interest in recently-released receiver Jason Avant. Avant played under Chiefs coach Andy Reid in Philadelphia.
- Looking to improve their defensive line, the Chargers will pursue nose tackle Earl Mitchell early in free agency, according to Michael Gehlken of U-T San Diego.
Luke Adams contributed to this post.