Marcus Sherels‘ two-year, $2.2MM extension with the Vikings included a $300K signing bonus, tweets Tom Pelissero of USA Today. The defensive back and punt returner also has $200K of his $750K base in 2014 guaranteed. Sherels, 26, saw an increased role in the secondary in 2013, playing 545 defensive snaps. With that extra playing time, Sherels racked up 47 tackles, seven passes defended, and an interception. His most positive contributions probably came on special teams, however, where he averaged 15.2 yards per attempt on 22 punt returns, including a touchdown. Some more details on recent contracts..
- Over The Cap has the full breakdown of wide receiver Anquan Boldin‘s pact with the 49ers, which includes three voidable years.
- The Steelers did a simple restructure on Antonio Brown‘s deal, Pelissero tweets. Pittsburgh converted $5.27MM of his 2014 base salary to a signing bonus, clearing about $3.95MM off the cap.
- Eddie Royal gets $3.5MM guaranteed in his reworked deal with the Chargers, tweets Jason Fitzgerald of Over The Cap. The maneuvering saves San Diego about $1MM in cash and salary cap room.
- Mackenzy Bernadeau‘s “restructure” with the Cowboys included a $1.15MM pay cut in 2014 and a $1.75MM cut in 2015, Pelissero tweets. Bernadeau now has a $500K roster bonus and fully guaranteed $1.1MM base in 2014 (link). His 2015 base is now $1.5MM ($400K guaranteed for injury).
- Pelissero (Twitter link) has the goods on Mark Herzlich‘s one-year extension with the Giants. He’ll get a $775K base salary, $200K in per-game roster bonuses, and $25K workout bonus, good for $1MM total.
- Offensive lineman Lemuel Jeanpierre got a $150K signing bonus and $50K roster bonus on his one-year, $950K extension with the Seahawks, Pelissero tweets.