DeMarcus Ware‘s days of flirting with 20 sacks per season are almost certainly behind him, but the longtime Cowboy is still an intriguing option for teams in need of pass-rushing help. With Ware now on the open market, let’s round a few early rumors on him:
- Calvin Watkins of ESPNDallas.com hears the Browns may have interest in Ware (Twitter link).
- In a statement issued by the Cowboys, owner Jerry Jones didn’t close the door on bringing Ware back to Dallas, suggesting that the team and the defensive end were in “very strong agreement” about exploring that possibility.
- Former Eagles exec Louis Riddick of ESPN.com believes Philadelphia is likely working “very hard” to try to sign Ware (Twitter link).
- Six playoff teams have already expressed some interest in Ware, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL.com (via Twitter).
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk tweets that Ware is expected to have plenty of options, but will be selective about which ones he considers, and hopes to move quickly through the free agent process.