Rumors have been flying since DeSean Jackson‘s release earlier this week, with as many as ten teams potentially interested in acquiring the recently embattled wide receiver on the open market. The first team that will get a crack at Jackson (unless he makes a surprise visit on Sunday) will be the Redskins, with whom Jackson will visit on Monday, according to Diana Marie Russini of NBC News 4 in Washington D.C. (via Twitter).
Here are some other notes from teams connected to Jackson:
- Raider Nation has been making a push for Jackson, as the fans have taken to Twitter to persuade the organization to sign the play making wide receiver. The hashtag #DJaxToOakland is trending, with seemingly endless pleas to bring in Jackson.
- NFL cap, contract, and analytics specialist Brian McIntyre reported that with $18.3MM in cap space, the Raiders have the edge on getting Jackson if they are willing to spend to acquire his services (via Twitter).
- The Jets were thought to be linked to Jackson, due to his history with quarterback Michael Vick and offensive coordinator Marty Mornhingweg. However, Brian Costello of the New York Post reports that the team still hasn’t contacted Jackson to express interest. Ebenezer Samuel of the New York Daily News confirms that general manager John Idzik has not reached out to the wide receiver, and Samuel’s colleague Gary Myers writes that the team is better off not pursuing Jackson in free agency.
- While the Bills are thought to be serious in their interest, Tim Graham of the Buffalo News reports that the team has a predetermined price and will not get into a bidding war (via Twitter).
- It should be noted that according to David Gambacorta of Philly.com, LAPD Homicide Detective Chris Barling told the Daily News that Jackson is not involved with any gang-related crime.