We heard earlier in the week that wide receiver Lance Moore would visit the Steelers today, but it sounds like that meeting will happen tomorrow instead, according to Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (via Twitter). Here’s more on a few free agents looking for jobs:
- Free agent linebacker Akeem Jordan visited with the Redskins today, reports Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post. Jordan reportedly met with the Titans last week.
- The Rams remain interested in defensive lineman Alex Carrington but have yet to set up a visit, says Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch (via Twitter).
- Speaking to Josina Anderson of ESPN (TwitLonger link), wide receiver Jacoby Ford confirmed that the Jets have expressed interest in him. “I would say they’re the team showing the most interest in me,” Ford said. “Right now we’re still in the exploration phase, weighing things out.”
- In their search for receivers, the Jets called Emmanuel Sanders‘ camp on Saturday to try to reschedule a visit for the free agent, tweets Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News. The Jets had originally scheduled a meeting for last week but had to back out due to a scheduling conflict, and by the time the team attempted to set up another one, it was too late.
- As the Cardinals consider cornerbacks like Mike Jenkins and Antonio Cromartie, Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic (Twitter link) gets the sense that the club is waiting to see if anyone’s price tag drops.
- The Vikings have inquired on free agent defensive end Robert Ayers, tweets Darren Wolfson of 1500 ESPN Twin Cities.