The Vikings have restructured Chad Greenway‘s contract, according to Jason Fitzgerald at OverTheCap.com (via Twitter). Greenway will take a $1MM pay cut in 2014 in exchange for the the club guaranteeing his $5.5MM base salary. Factoring in prorated signing bonus money, Greenway will now count $7.2MM against the cap in 2014.
In other Vikings/NFC-related news:
- Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press expanded on Greenway’s restructuring here, including news of fullback Jerome Felton and safety Jamarca Sanford also reworking their deals to free up some cash. The Vikings now have just over $16MM in cap space.
- Bears free agent defensive tackle Henry Melton is on an extended visit with the Seahawks, tweets Josina Anderson, but still plans to meet with the Cowboys if a deal doesn’t get done.
- The Seahawks and Zach Miller have agreed to restructure his deal, enabling him to stay in Seattle for the next two years, writes Danny O’Neil of 710 ESPN Seattle. The team was prepared to cut Miller, according to NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport (via Twitter).
- Free agent kick returner Trindon Holliday is visiting with the Falcons today, according to Jason La Canfora of CBS (via Twitter).
- Speaking of return men, free agent Devin Hester spoke with the Sun Sentinel’s Chris Perkins about free agency and claims he still has 4.38 speed.