April is typically draft month for the NFL, but that’s not the case in 2014 — we’ve still got another five-plus weeks until this year’s three-day event gets underway on May 8. Still, that doesn’t mean there aren’t several rumors and reports floating around about teams’ potential draft plans. Here are a few of the latest items on AFC clubs:
- The Jets are intrigued by Texas Tech tight end Jace Amaro, a team source tells Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News. Amaro is scheduled to visit the Jets in the coming weeks, and Mehta suggests the tight end could be on the board when the club picks in the second round.
- It’s no surprise that the Texans‘ signing of Ryan Fitzpatrick wouldn’t affect the possibility of the team drafting a quarterback next month. However, it’s a little surprising that, even with Fitzpatrick, Case Keenum, and T.J. Yates on board, head coach Bill O’Brien suggested the Texans could add multiple QBs in the draft (Twitter link via official Texans account).
- Eastern Illinois quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo, Florida State wideout Kelvin Benjamin, Utah cornerback Keith McGill, and Cal linebacker Khairi Fortt are making official pre-draft visits with the Ravens today, league sources tells Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun.
- Despite the fact that the Dolphins signed Knowshon Moreno and like Lamar Miller, the club has interest in adding another running back in the draft, according to Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald, who says it could happen in the fourth or fifth round.
- A pair of teams announced pre-draft visits, as the Bills host Indiana wide receiver Cody Latimer and Notre Dame tight end Troy Niklas, while Ole Miss receiver Donte Moncrief and Baylor running back Lache Seastrunk visit the Steelers (Twitter link).