The specific financial details of Chris Johnson‘s two-year deal with the Jets have leaked, as Aaron Wilson details at the National Football Post. The $8MM contract includes a $3MM signing bonus and a $1MM non-guaranteed base salary for 2014. If the Jets want to keep the veteran running back for a second season, they’ll owe him a $500K option bonus on the 22nd day before the 2015 league year begins. For 2015, Johnson would have a $3.5MM base salary and a $1MM escalator.
Here’s more from around the AFC:
- David Climer of the Tennessean wonders if Johnson’s agent was responsible for getting the running back cut by the Titans, since it seems as if he didn’t thoroughly explore the possibility of his client accepting a pay cut. However, Climer ultimately concludes that both sides were probably ready for a change anyway.
- Johnny Manziel‘s and Jadeveon Clowney‘s visits with the Texans are happening today, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL.com (Twitter links). Both prospects should have a chance to make their case to be the first overall pick.
- We heard yesterday that the Jets are bringing in cornerbacks Jason Verrett and Darqueze Dennard for pre-draft visits this week, and we can add another name to that list, after Oklahoma State’s Justin Gilbert tweeted that he’ll visit the Jets today. According to Gilbert, he’ll also be visiting the Broncos, Lions, and Falcons.
- Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun reports that Washington tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins has already visited six NFL teams, including the Dolphins.
- UCLA outside linebacker Anthony Barr and Wisconsin defensive tackle Beau Allen are visiting the Steelers today, tweets ESPN.com’s Scott Brown.
- The Raiders are conducting a private workout for Purdue offensive tackle Kevin Pamphile today, according to Tony Pauline of DraftInsider.net (via Twitter).