Shortly after acquiring him in a trade with the Buccaneers, the Bills have made some minor adjustments to Mike Williams‘ contract, according to Joel Corry of CBSSports.com. Corry tweets that the deal is still worth $1.8MM for 2014, but that the base salary is now $1.6MM (from $1.2MM), while the workout bonus is now just $200K (from $600K). Since that ’14 base salary is guaranteed, the move looks like a vote of confidence from the Bills to their newest receiver.
Here’s more from around the AFC, with a focus on the draft:
- UCF quarterback Blake Bortles is in Oakland today meeting with the Raiders, and will move on to Houston after that visit to meet with the Texas tomorrow, tweets Albert Breer of the NFL Network. Oakland is also hosting Vanderbilt receiver Jordan Matthews today, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL.com (via Twitter).
- Buffalo linebacker Khalil Mack will also be visiting the Texans next week, as Houston explores all potential avenues for the first overall pick, says Rapoport (via Twitter).
- TCU cornerback Jason Verrett, who we noted earlier visited the Steelers today, also has visits lined up for next week with the Bengals and Jets, according to Gil Brandt of NFL.com (via Twitter).
- Another cornerback, Oregon’s Terrance Mitchell, is also drawing interest from AFC teams, having staged a workout for the Colts and Raiders, writes Ross Jones of Fox Sports, who adds that Mitchell ran a 4.43 in the 40-yard dash.
- Former Indiana State running back Shakir Bell will take part in the Colts‘ local prospect day on Wednesday, tweets Tom James of the Terre Haute Tribune-Star.
- The Ravens have expressed interest in Morgan State cornerback Joe Rankin and were complimentary about his performance at their local prospect day, tweets Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun.