Here’s a few miscellaneous news-and-notes items from around the league:
- Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco, who signed a six-year, $120.6MM contract a year ago, but ESPN.com’s Jamison Hensley says Flacco “actually has manageable salary cap numbers for this year and 2015.”
- Jacoby Ford, who signed with the Jets yesterday, picked New York over the Browns, according to Bart Hubbuch of the New York Post (via Twitter).
- Prior to last season, the Falcons “firmly believed” Lamar Holmes had Pro Bowl potential, but now ESPN.com’s Vaughn McClure believes the team should spend the sixth overall pick on a franchise tackle. As for Holmes? “He could be a decent backup…”
- With the Jaguars bringing Toby Gerhart and Jordan Todman into the fold, there won’t be many reps available for Denard Robinson, especially if he doesn’t improve his catching and blocking, writes ESPN.com’s Michael DiRocco.
- There are still a handful of noteworthy, low-risk, budget friendly free agents available for the Patriots, who have $8MM in cap space, writes NESN’s Doug Kyed.