Although a number of teams exercised fifth-year options on 2011 first-rounders today, one player who doesn’t appear likely to have his option picked up is Adrian Clayborn of the Buccaneers, according to Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk. A source tells Florio that the Bucs aren’t expected to exercise the defensive end’s option, and also aren’t considering trading him to another team that would pick up the option. As such, it looks like the former 20th overall pick will be eligible for unrestricted free agency after the 2014 season.
Here’s more from around the NFC:
- Jadeveon Clowney‘s visit with the Falcons will happen on Wednesday, tweets Josina Anderson of ESPN.com. Meanwhile, running back Carlos Hyde will pay a visit to Atlanta on Wednesday as well, according to Tom Pelissero of USA Today (via Twitter). Hyde has also visited the Titans and Patriots, adds Pelissero (via Twitter).
- Kurt Coleman‘s new one-year contract with the Vikings is worth $900K, but none of that total is guaranteed, says Ben Goessling of ESPN.com.
- The Vikings hosted North Carolina defensive end Kareem Martin for a pre-draft visit last week, a source tells Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press. Tomasson’s source suggests that Martin, who figures to be a second- or third-round pick, would be a nice fit in Minnesota.
- USC center Marcus Martin and Nebraska cornerback Stanley Jean-Baptiste both visited the Lions today, and Tim Twentyman of DetroitLions.com has details on the pair of prospects.
- The Seahawks also hosted a couple of prospects today — Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post says Washington State safety Deone Bucannon has a two-day visit with the club, while Tony Pauline of DraftInsider.net tweets that Fresno State wideout Davante Adams was also in Seattle.