Here’s the original content produced by PFR during the past week:
- We began our prospect profile series, examining the strengths and weaknesses of the top players available in next month’s draft. Zach Links scrutinized Blake Bortles (link) and Sammy Watkins (link), and Rob DiRe took a look at Jadeveon Clowney (link), Teddy Bridgewater (link), and Mike Evans (link).
- David Kipke investigated the importance of the 2014 draft for the Browns, specifically in terms of finding a long-term answer at quarterback.
- Rob wrote an interesting piece focusing on recent free agent signings who will be facing their former teams during the 2014 season.
- Luke Adams looked at the largest 2014 free agent contracts by position, separated by overall value, average annual salary, and guaranteed money.
- Rory Parks delved into the trend of teams instantly throwing first-round quarterbacks into the fire as starters, and how this strategy could affect the draft stock of the this year’s crop of QB prospects.
- In our polls last week, Peter Sowards asked if Ndamukong Suh should be with the Lions during for offseason workouts (with about 44% responding “Yes”), and Luke wondered which quarterback should be selected first in the draft (with Bortles garnering almost 40% of the vote). Thanks for voting!