We took a look at ESPN’s NFC mailbags earlier tonight. Let’s dive into the AFC mailbags to end this Saturday night…
- If Raiders rookie Khalil Mack ultimately starts, veteran Kevin Burnett could be expendable, writes Paul Gutierrez.
- Gutierrez projects that Raiders‘ seventh-round pick Travis Carrie and undrafted rookie George Atkinson III will stick around on special teams.
- It wouldn’t shock Gutierrez if the Raiders add a veteran tight end to compete with Mychal Rivera and David Ausberry.
- When asked if the Patriots would go after Lions tight end Joseph Fauria, Mike Reiss writes that a trade isn’t likely. Reiss says the Lions wouldn’t trade the red zone target for “anything less than a high-round pick.” Fauria is the nephew of former Patriots tight end, Christian Fauria.
- After the Bengals added Jeremy Hill to Giovani Bernard and BenJarvus Green-Ellis, it’s easy to forget about former sixth-round picks Rex Burkhead and Cedric Peerman. Coley Harvey thinks there is room for all five running backs, adding that Burkhead was “redshirted last season for a reason.”