As USC’s sanctions for violations of NCAA rules come to a close, former Trojans coach and current Seahawks coach Pete Carroll can’t help but come to the program’s defense. He also stuck up for himself in a recent interview with Gary Klein of the Los Angeles Times, reminding everyone that he didn’t run to the NFL to get away from the brewing storm.
“The truth was, an opportunity came up and it was one I couldn’t turn away from,” he said. “The NCAA came back at the university… ‘Now we’re going to revisit after five years.’ I had no knowledge that was coming. We thought maybe it wasn’t coming because they didn’t have anything to get us with. It wasn’t five days, it wasn’t five weeks. It was five years…Had we known that that was imminent … I would never have been able to leave under those circumstances. When I look back now, I would have stayed there to do what we needed to do to resolve the problem.”
Do you have a great football blog post – written by yourself or someone else – that you want to see featured on Pro Football Rumors? Email me a link at [email protected]. Here’s this week’s look around the football blogosphere..
- Spunkmeyer On Sports says LeSean McCoy is right.
- Blogging The Boys says Dallas has potential on defense in 2014.
- Acme Packing Company slams a study calling Packers fans average.
- Purple Jesus Diaries looks at rookie cornerback Antone Exum.
- Turn On The Jets looks at Gang Green’s evolving roster.
- Windy City Gridiron offers up ten thoughts on the Bears and other NFL matters.
Got a great football blog post that you want to see featured in next week’s Pigskin Links? Send it to Zach.