Some notable names were cut from their respective AFC North teams today, including Danieal Manning (Bengals), Nate Burleson (Browns), Derek Cox (Ravens) and fifth-rounder Shaquille Richardson (Steelers).
One of those players will likely return to their former team as soon as tomorrow. Who is it? Keep reading for the answer, as well as some more notes from the division…
- A.Q. Shipley couldn’t crack the Ravens roster, but he may have an opportunity elsewhere. The Baltimore Sun’s Aaron Wilson tweets that “several” teams have already expressed interest in the center.
- It shouldn’t be long before Derek Cox is back on the Ravens. Wilson tweets that the release was purely “procedural” and the team is expected to re-sign the cornerback on Sunday.
- The Ravens have reached an injury settlement with Shaun Chapas, tweets Wilson. The team cut the fullback last week.
- The Bengals worked out free agent wideout Jacoby Ford, according to USA Today’s Tom Pelissero (via Twitter).
- If Donald Hawkins clears waivers, the Browns will place the offensive lineman on their practice squad, tweets Alex Dunlap.