Let’s check out some leftover links on this Saturday night…
- The Cowboys broke ground on a $115MM training facility in Frisco, Texas yesterday, tweets Gil Brandt of NFL.com.
- ESPN.com’s Todd Archer says (via Twitter) that Ryan Williams is among the 53-best players on the Cowboys roster, but that there is no guarantee that he’ll make the final cut.
- Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com believes the 49ers will likely roll with either Blaine Gabbert or Josh Johnson as the backup quarterback. If the players struggle, the team might be forced to look outside of the organization.
- Josh Gordon was not in the Browns starting lineup on Saturday, and Michael David Smith of ProFootballTalk.com thinks that this could be an indication by the team that Gordon will not be around for the start of the season.
- Giants wide receiver Marcus Harris will be out for about three weeks, and it’s a tough blow for the player. While he was originally expected to be the team’s fifth receiver, Jordan Raanan of NJ.com questions whether the player will now even make the roster.