The original content produced by the PFR staff during the past week:
- Many names were bandied about as trade candidates before Tuesday’s deadline, but there were only two deals: Mark Barron to the Rams, and Jonathan Casillas to the Patriots. Luke Adams looked at the 2015 outlook for the some of those rumored trade candidates, detailing both their contract status and role for next year.
- Luke also examined several impact players who will soon return to contending teams, from injured Lions rookie linebacker Kyle Van Noy, to suspended Browns receiver Josh Gordon.
- In the latest entries in our Extension Candidate series, I profiled Saints running back Mark Ingram (link), while Luke looked at Broncos linebacker Von Miller (link).
- Before Tuesday’s trade deadline, Rory Parks asked which player was most likely to be dealt. Buccaneers receiver Vincent Jackson, who ultimately stayed put, was the No. 1 response at about 27%.
- Cam Newton isn’t open to Colin Kaepernick-esque, pay-as-you-go type extension, so Luke wondered what the Panther quarterback’s next contract will look like. Despite Newton’s protestations, the majority of you believe that he will ultimately accept a deal in the mold of Kaepernick’s.
- The Seahawks and the 49ers met in last year’s NFC Championship, but this season has been a struggle for both clubs. Luke asked if either team will make the playoffs this year, and 41% of respondents believe that while Seattle will head to the postseason, San Francisco will stay home.
- Zach Links rounded up the best of the football blogs in the latest edition of Pigskin Links.
- Check out our new Trade Rumors app, available for both iOS and Android.