On this date in 1990, Art Monk became only the third player in NFL history to amass 700 career receptions when he made four catches against the Saints. My how things have changed since then. Thanks in no small part to rules changes that have made things easier on NFL offenses, there are 43 players with 700 or more career receptions. Still, Monk, a Hall of Famer, stands 14th all-time in career receptions with 940. The 1,000+ club is even more exclusive with just nine members, but Andre Johnson is knocking on the door with 982.
While PFR is dedicated to player movement, Pigskin Links is open to pieces on all areas of the game and we’re looking for interesting reads on all things football from blogs of all sizes. If you would like to suggest your blog post (or someone else’s) for Pigskin Links, send Zach an email with the link and a brief synopsis at [email protected]. Here’s this week’s look around the football blogosphere…
- NFL Spin Zone says the Giants’ season is quickly slipping away.
- Gang Green Nation wants the Jets to go after Duron Carter.
- Cat Scratch Reader wonders if the Panthers should place Cam Newton on IR.
- Pride Of Detroit looks ahead to the Lions’ next opponent, the Pats.
- Niners Nation has some takeaways from San Fran’s showdown with Big Blue.