Pro Football Rumors passes along the latest news and rumors on NFL player movement 365 days a year, but those aren’t the only updates you’ll see on the site. On our right sidebar, you’ll find a number of additional features and featured posts. Here’s a rundown of a few of them:
- Using your iOs and Android devices, you can use our app to follow the latest stories on PFR, MLB Trade Rumors, and Hoops Rumors. The Trade Rumors app is highly customizable, allowing you to add feeds for any of the 92 MLB, NBA, and NFL teams, as well as for any of the thousands of players in our archives.
- We’re inching closer to the offseason, and in several NFL cities, fans may already be looking ahead to free agency, considering what players their favorite teams could add to their rosters this winter. You can find the full breakdown of 2015 veteran free agents by position using our list, which is updated weekly during the season.
- Several players figure to receive contract extensions from their respective teams between now and the start of the 2015 free agent period, and we’ve identified a number of potential recipients in our Extension Candidate series, which profiles players eligible for extensions and assesses their value. As the list shows, many of the players we’ve profiled have since had their contracts extended.
- The NFL isn’t known as a trade-happy league, but by our count, 50 trades were consummated by teams in 2014, and you can find them all on our recap of 2014 NFL trades. Meanwhile, you can keep tabs on traded draft picks for 2015 with our tracker.
- We keep tabs on the latest roster moves around the NFL via our lists of roster counts and practice squad rosters. Additionally, we provide a breakdown of how teams used the designated-to-return slot on their injured reserve this year.
- The Pro Football Rumors glossary highlights a number of aspects of the NFL’s salary cap, free agency, and Collective Bargaining Agreement. Feel free to let us know if there’s a specific concept that you’d like us to discuss in a future Glossary piece.
- We value your input at PFR, which is why we regularly publish polls and have a regular feature called Pigskin Links, in which we highlight a few interesting recent articles from football blogs. You can find our poll archives here and our Pigskin Links pieces right here.
- While a handful of our notable articles can be found under the “Featured Posts” section on the right sidebar, the PFR Originals archive rounds up all the original posts from our staff. Recently, we took a look at early returns on contract extension decisions for 2011 first-rounders, examined the teams with the most salary on injured reserve, posted the first edition of our 2015 free agent power rankings.