“I don’t know if there’s a team in the NFL that wouldn’t want Adrian Peterson on the football team. If you can name me one. And I don’t want to speak for other teams. I’m being a little sarcastic with that. But I know he’s a pretty good football player.”
However, as the writer points out, Spielman did not specify what would happen to the star running back when he’s eligible to be reinstated in April…
“I’ve known Adrian his whole career and what type of person Adrian is. But I also know that we have to follow everything that’s put in place for us. Is there a resolution? Not right now. All I know is where we stand today. Does that change? I’m sure it’s going to change. Until those things change and get resolved, right now, we have Adrian Peterson, who is under contract for next year, who is currently suspended by the NFL. That’s pretty much all I can go into right now.”
Let’s take a look at some assorted notes as we wrap up this Wednesday evening…
- Gary Kubiak is the wrong choice if Broncos GM John Elway wants a strong coach, writes Mark Kiszla of The Denver Post.
- Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports believes if John Fox gets the head coaching job with the Bears, he’d bring along Dennis Allen and Kyle Shanahan as his coordinators (Twitter link).
- CFL defensive back Delvin Breaux worked out for the Buccaneers and Jaguars this week, according to Howard Balzer of USA Today (via Twitter). Breaux has been a popular name in NFL circles and seems to have drawn some degree of interest from more than half the league.
- Duron Carter met with the Panthers on Wednesday and will visit with the Browns on Thursday, according to Ben Goessling of ESPN.com (via Twitter).
- Following his workout with the Giants last week, outside linebacker Phillip Hunt worked out for the Titans recently, tweets ESPN’s Adam Caplan.
Zach Links contributed to this post.