It’s Saturday morning, and that means ESPN.com’s NFL writers are opening their mailbags and answering questions from readers. Let’s check out some interesting notes from the AFC…
- While the Chiefs could certainly use a speedy wideout, Adam Teicher doesn’t think Andy Reid will pursue Jeremy Maclin. Reid was Maclin’s head coach for four seasons in Philadelphia.
- Meanwhile, Teicher doubts the Chiefs will cut wideouts Junior Hemingway and A.J. Jenkins, but he wouldn’t be shocked to see the team part ways with Donnie Avery.
- If the Jaguars were to overspend on one free agent, Michael DiRocco believes it would be Broncos tight end Julius Thomas. The writer also mentions that Ndamukong Suh is likely out of the team’s price range.
- Coley Harvey says the Bengals will not be using a draft pick on a quarterback this season. The team is committed to Andy Dalton as their starter, and Harvey suggests the team could bring back veteran Jason Campbell to compete with A.J. McCarron for the backup spot.
- The Ravens have shown a willingness to trade for veteran wideouts, so Jamison Hensley writes that you “can’t rule out” the team trying to acquire Buccaneers receiver Vincent Jackson.