12:05pm: McCarthy confirmed at his press conference that Clements will call the offensive plays for the Packers in 2015, tweets Tyler Dunne of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
11:58am: The Packers have confirmed a handful of previously reported coaching changes, announcing today in a press release that the team has made changes on both sides of the ball, and named a pair of new special teams assistants as well. The new titles on Mike McCarthy‘s staff are as follows:
- Tom Clements: Associate head coach/offense
- Edgar Bennett: Offensive coordinator
- Alex Van Pelt: Quarterbacks and wide receivers coach
- Mike Solari: Assistant offensive line coach
- Jerry Montgomery: Defensive front assistant
- Ron Zook: Special teams coordinator
- Jason Simmons: Assistant special teams coach
While the press release doesn’t mention anything about the Packers’ offensive play calls, McCarthy is expected to hand over the reins on play-calling to Clements as part of his promotion. Clements had previously been Green Bay’s offensive coordinator, while McCarthy called the plays, and now it appears that Bennett will be the OC while Clements calls plays.
McCarthy will speak to local reporters at the top of the hour to confirm the changes.