He’s not at the top of the Packers’ free-agent priority list, but veteran fullback John Kuhn could still be in the team’s plans for 2015, Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com writes. Kuhn’s agent, Kevin Gold, said he has a meeting scheduled for Thursday with the Packers to talk about a contract for next season. The fan favorite didn’t sign his one-year, $1.03MM deal with Green Bay until April of last year, so it could be a while before we see a new contract. More from Green Bay..
- GM Ted Thompson won’t go into detail on Letroy Guion‘s case and would only say that he’s “monitoring” the situation, as Demovsky writes. Guion is scheduled to hit the open market in March.
- Meanwhile, coach Mike McCarthy would “love” to have Guion back and is hoping to get the “green light” to negotiate a deal with him, Ryan Wood of the Green Bay Press-Gazette tweets.
- The agent for Packers linebacker A.J. Hawk doesn’t have any meetings scheduled with the team and hasn’t heard any talk of the club cutting his client or asking him to take a a pay cut, according to Demovsky. Green Bay would save $3.5MM by cutting the 31-year-old.
- McCarthy also wants Bryan Bulaga back in Green Bay, but said that things are in the “business phase” at present, Jason Wilde of ESPNWisconsin.com tweets.
- McCarthy had nothing but good things to say about veteran Julius Peppers and made it clear that he wants him back in 2015, Pete Dougherty of the Green Bay Press-Gazette tweets.