Earlier tonight, Jaguars GM David Caldwell addressed local reporters to tackle a number of topics. Keeping things in the great state of Florida, here are some highlights from Dolphins VP Mike Tannenbaum‘s chat with local media..
- When asked directly if the Dolphins expect Dion Jordan to be at the team’s mandatory camp, Tannenbaum punted, Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald tweets. Beasley and the rest of the Miami beat writers seem to believe that Jordan’s future with the club is in jeopardy.
- Jordan’s suspensions in 2014 voided the $5,4MM of 2015/2016 guarantees in his contract, which makes it easier for Miami to cut him, Joel Corry of CBSSports.com notes (via Twitter).
- Tannenbaum said they haven’t made any final decision on QB Ryan Tannehill‘s contract as his fifth-year option approaches,James Walker of ESPN.com tweets.
- Tannenbaum made it clear that GM Dennis Hickey has final say in the draft room, James Walker of ESPN.com tweets.
- Tannenbaum told the press that the team is “an equal opportunity trader,” Beasley tweets. The VP indicated that the Dolphins could move up or go back.
- Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald (on Twitter) hears that the Dolphins like 19 first round prospects. Miami will pick at No. 14 on April 30th.