The draft position of LSU cornerback Jalen Collins could be an indicator of how the NFL feels about drug use in 2015, Albert Breer of NFL.com tweets. Collins, according to sources with four teams, has failed multiple tests in college. Collins is projected by many to be a first-round choice. Here’s more draft news..
- The likelihood now is that Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota goes second overall, Breer tweets. His personal feeling is that Tennessee likes him more than most think and Breer feels he could very well could be a member of the Titans.
- Breer (on Twitter) says that DeVante Parker is one to watch and some prefer him to Kevin White because he’s more NFL-ready. Parker, he says, is closer to White and Amari Cooper than the rest of the pack at wide receiver.
- Cooper could go anywhere between No. 3 and No. 6, Breer tweets. White and Parker, meanwhile, have a good shot at the top ten. After that, it’s wide open at wide receiver and Nelson Agholor could be the next one off the board.
- Cooper has emerged as the consensus No. 1 player at his position, according to GMs and scouts that spoke with Ian Rapoport of NFL Network (on Twitter). White is a close second.
- The running back class is outstanding and that could hurt those guys’ first-round chances since teams believe that they can get a solid player later, Breer tweets.