Clemson edge rusher Vic Beasley and Alabama wideout Amari Cooper, two probable top-10 picks, are making visits to Tennessee today to meet with the Titans, according to Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean (Twitter links). I don’t expect either player to go as high as No. 2 overall, but there’s certainly no guarantee that the Titans will keep that pick, so it makes sense that they’re exploring their options. As Wyatt notes (via Twitter), the club is taking a look at several top pass rushers, having also hosted Shane Ray and Dante Fowler Jr. on previously-reported visits.
Here are a few more draft updates from around the NFL:
- Speaking of Fowler, the Florida pass rusher will be in Washington today to meet with the team that holds the fifth overall pick, tweets John Keim of ESPN.com.
- Despite recent buzz surrounding Marcus Mariota, Jameis Winston is still the strong favorite to go first overall in this month’s draft, writes Jason La Canfora of CBSSports.com. La Canfora suggests that the No. 2 pick is still worth keeping a close eye on though, since Mariota will likely be selected in that spot — the Rams, Chargers, Eagles, and Browns are among the teams with at least some level of interest in nabbing the Oregon QB, and they’d all likely have to move up to do so.
- Armed with two first-round picks, the Browns are considering all their options, and brought in Arizona State wide receiver Jaelen Strong for a pre-draft visit on Monday, according to Adam Caplan of ESPN.com (via Twitter).
- Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post adds the Panthers to the list of teams Florida State cornerback Ronald Darby has visited. Darby has also met with the Saints and Jets, and worked out for the Buccaneers.
- The Dolphins, who figure to target linebackers at some point in this year’s draft, will host top ILB prospect Benardrick McKinney of Mississippi State this Friday, writes Omar Kelly of the South Florida Sun Sentinel.