West Virginia wideout Kevin White is expected to be an early first-round pick in the upcoming draft, but the speedster hasn’t received much interest from NFL clubs. Earlier this week, the player told Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk.com that he hadn’t heard from any teams since the Scouting Combine:
“Until they call or I have a set workout schedule, I’m just going to continue to do what I have to do and wherever I do go, if I have a workout or prior workout, I’ll enjoy it and try to make the most out of it.”
White finally got a call late this week, as NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport tweets that the receiver will meet with the Titans. For the time being, that’s White only scheduled visit.
Let’s take a look at some more draft notes from around the league, with updates added to the top:
- Toledo linebacker Junior Sylvestre visited with the Chiefs Friday, writes Terez Paylor of the Kansas City Star (via Twitter).
- The Patriots had UConn wide receiver Geremy Davis in for a private workout yesterday, writes Tony Pauline of DraftInsider.net (via Twitter).
- The Eagles have a need at safety, and Alabama’s Landon Collins has been a popular target in mock drafts. However, he might not make it to the Eagles’ pick at No. 20, and might not be a fit for Chip Kelly anyway, writes Geoff Mosher of CSNPhilly.com. Mosher picks out a number of safeties the team could target later in the draft, including Michigan State’s Kurtis Drummond and Northwestern’s Ibraheim Campbell.
- Clemson outside linebacker Vic Beasley will visit the Bears, according to Charlie Campbell of WalterFootball.com. The writer notes that Chicago’s new 3-4 defense could be a perfect fit for Beasley.
- The Browns are going to be busy in the coming weeks, as Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com reports that the organization will be bringing in 30 draft prospects. The group includes Louisville wideout DeVante Parker and Miami left tackle Ereck Flowers.
- Maryland linebacker Yannik Cudjoe-Virgil will attend the Ravens local prospects day in late April, according to Aaron Wilson of The Baltimore Sun. The Patriots, Eagles and Chargers have each checked out the versatile defender.