Here is some reaction from around the league about Wisniewski’s value, interest, and NFL future:
- Wisniewski also visited with the Patriots, Seahawks, Titans, and Washington in free agency, writes Ryan O’Halloran of Jacksonville.com.
- One reason the Seahawks might have been hesitant to pursue Wisniewski more adamantly is that the center would likely cost a compensatory draft pick, according to Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times (via Twitter).
- Darren Wolfson of 5 Eyewitness News believed the Vikings had some interest in Wisniewski, but the team never called to pursue him. (via Twitter).
- Many Raiders fan were hoping the team could re-sign Wisniewski to play guard next to free agent acquisition Rodney Hudson, but neither the player nor team were interested in that arrangement, according to Bill Williamson of ESPN (via Twitter). Williamson believes the coaching staff did not think very highly of him as a player (via Twitter). He adds that Wisniewski could be added to a long list of recent Raider draft picks to not make it to their second contract in Oakland (via Twitter).
- The one-year deal will allow Wisniewski to prove his value before reaching free agency again next offseason, where he could command a larger contract, writes Mike Garafolo of Fox Sports 1 (via Twitter).