The headlines from the past week at PFR:
- Despite being the top available free agent, Evan Mathis remains unsigned. Even a team hungry for guards like the Rams hasn’t expressed interest in the All-Pro guard.
- The 2015 NFL supplemental draft will take place on July 9th. Teams are expected to be active, and there is a good chance we have at least one player selected for the first time since 2012.
- We’re less than two weeks from the July 15th deadline for teams to negotiate a long-term deal with a player who has been hit with the franchise tag, and there has reportedly been little to no progress in the Cowboys’ contract talks with Dez Bryant.
- Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson may not have a deadline in place to get a deal done, but the rumors are still flying around what he expects and what the team is willing to pay.
- Another quarterback looking for a new deal is Giants quarterback Eli Manning. Manning’s agent, Tom Condon, is optimistic a deal will get done.
- TE Antonio Gates (four games)
- DE Sheldon Richardson (four games)
- LB Rolando McClain (four games)
- DE Datone Jones (one game)