The headlines from the past week at PFR:
- The Giants and defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul — injured in a July 4 incident — agreed to new contract, through which JPP can earn a maximum of about $8.7MM. Details of the deal can be found here.
- The Lions made several changes to their offensive coaching staff, most notably firing offensive coordinator Joe Lombardi and promoting quarterbacks coach Jim Bob Cooter to take his place.
- Texans running back Arian Foster suffered a torn Achilles, meaning he will miss the remainder of the season.
- The Chiefs plan to retain both head coach Andy Reid and general manager John Dorsey for the 2016 season.
- The NFL’s trade deadline is just two days away, and rumors have surfaced the players like Joe Thomas, Alex Mack, and Joe Staley could be on the move. Check out the latest trade gossip here, here, and here.
- Chargers – Joe Mays, LB (link)
- Saints – Jo-Lonn Dunbar, LB (link)
- Seahawks – Bryce Brown, RB (link)
- Texans – T.J. Yates, QB (link)
- Buccaneers – Louis Murphy, WR (IR)
- Dolphins – Cameron Wake, DE (IR)
- Rams – Alec Ogletree, LB (IR-DTR)