Here are today’s minor signings, cuts, and other moves:
- The 49ers cut tight end Brian Leonhardt, per Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle (on Twitter). The 49ers were expected to cut a tight end following the addition of Garrett Celek.
- The Broncos re-signed blocking tight end Richard Gordon, according to Mike Klis of 9NEWS (on Twitter). Gordon was on the team’s 53-man roster for five weeks last year and dressed only once.
- The Steelers signed Roy Philon, per Wilson (on Twitter). Philon, a defensive tackle, has a rep for being able to move well for a player of his size.
- The Dolphins cut defensive back Dax Swanson, according to Wilson (on Twitter). Swanson’s stay in Miami was brief as he was signed to a futures deal roughly six weeks ago. Swanson had several taxi squad stints around the league in 2015, including multiple turns with the Dolphins.
- The Browns cut running back Luke Lundy, Wilson tweets.