Earlier today, Washington coach Jay Gruden addressed reporters at the owners’ meetings. Now, we’ll take a look at the rest of the NFC East:
- McAdoo was upbeat about the fact that Tom Coughlin is still around the building and said, “as long as Tom is around, he’s a resource and we’re going to welcome him,” (link via Dan Graziano of ESPN.com). He also said that he doesn’t anticipate things being awkward once Giants players start to show up.
- Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said the Cowboys will work out Memphis quarterback Paxton Lynch today in Orlando after leaving the owners meetings, as ESPN.com’s Todd Archer writes. The Cowboys will head to Ohio State to work out prospects on Friday.
- When asked if he is going to call plays, McAdoo said it is a “possibility.” When asked if he likes to call plays, McAdoo said, “I LOVE calling plays,” Peter Schrager of FOX Sports tweets. Needless to say, it sounds like there’s a good possibility of the former offensive coordinator calling plays for the Giants in 2016.
- Eagles coach Doug Pederson says he likes the fullback position and even though he doesn’t have a true fullback on the roster, he plans on looking at Trey Burton as an option, Jeff McLane of The Philadelphia Inquirer tweets.
- New Giants coach Ben McAdoo doesn’t seem committed to anyone at middle linebacker, Jordan Raanan of the Star-Ledger tweets. The Giants are still looking at draft prospects as well as free agency for options.