Here’s the latest 2016 NFL Draft news:
- Eastern Kentucky pass rusher Noah Spence has visits lined up with the Jets, Colts, Packers, Bucs, Ravens, Jaguars, Cardinals, and Saints, according to Matt Miller of Bleacher Report (on Twitter). Spence, a former star at Ohio State, was dismissed from the Buckeyes after two positive tests for ecstasy. In 2015, Spence shined for the Colonels, but he’ll now have to answer questions about his history. Still, he is extremely talented and teams are not shying away from him.
- Boston College linebacker Steven Daniels has a workout scheduled with the Saints, according to Mike Triplett of ESPN.com (on Twitter).
- The Lions are “doing a lot of work” on Alabama defensive tackle Jarran Reed, according to Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press (on Twitter). The Lions met with Reed last week and they will host him for a visit in April.
- The 49ers are slated to hold a private workout with Michigan State quarterback Connor Cook, according to Matt Barrows of The Sacramento Bee (on Twitter). Teams are reportedly concerned about Cook‘s leadership abilities, but they’re still lining up to get a closer look at him. Cook also has private workouts scheduled with the Cowboys and Dolphins and he has met with the Rams and Browns.
- Florida safety Keanu Neal has a workout scheduled with the Falcons this week, according to league source who spoke with Vaughn McClure of ESPN.com. McClure notes that Neal was recruited to Florida by Falcons coach Dan Quinn when he was the Gators’ defensive coordinator.