The original content and analysis produced by the PFR staff during the past week:
- Now that the dust has cleared, Luke Adams has taken several overviews of the free agent period and all its implications. Last Monday, Luke looked at where things stood from a 10,000-foot view, including going over the contracts of PFR’s top free agents and taking a peek at the best remaining free agents.
- Today, with even more free agents having been signed, Luke detailed the best players still on the board, looking at the best available free agents on both offense and defense.
- Perhaps the most interesting contract signed this offseason has been left tackle Russell Okung‘s deal with the Broncos, which Okung negotiated himself. The pact contains no guaranteed money, and features an option that would trigger the four additional years after 2016. Luke has the full breakdown of the contract, as well as a look at the best- and worst-case scenarios for Okung.
- We posted our list of 2016 NFL Trades, which will be updated throughout the season until the fall trade deadline.
- Zach Links rounded up the best of the football blogs in the latest edition of Pigskin Links.