Trade talks between the Broncos and the 49ers regarding Colin Kaepernick are “dormant,” GM John Elway told reporters (Twitter link via James Palmer of NFL.com). However, he added that there is an offer on the table.
Here’s the latest out of Denver:
- The Broncos are interested in signing Brian Hoyer, but they’re not in a rush to get a deal done, as Michael David Smith of PFT writes. “We had a good visit but he’s got another trip lined up. It’s a possibility. He’s a good football player. We wanted to have him in, meet him and get to know him a little bit. But nothing to report there,” Elway said.
- The Broncos (and the Jets) remain interested in Hoyer, but both teams have a few balls in the air, Ian Rapoport of NFL.com tweets. Each side will take a few days to think things over, so we shouldn’t expect Hoyer to sign with anyone today.
- Elway said the status of negotiations with Von Miller is “not nearly as bad” as it has has been portrayed in the media lately (Twitter link via Lindsay Jones of USA Today)
- When asked about Miller holding out, Elway said “This is all voluntary. If Von chooses to be here, then great. You always hope that everybody is here,” (Twitter link via Nicki Jhabvala of The Denver Post).
- Elway said there have been contract proposals exchanged with Miller, and now that draft meetings are winding down, the two sides will have more time to talk (Twitter link via Jones).