The original content and analysis produced by the PFR staff during the past week:
- Just seven NFL rookies remain unsigned as we head into July, and three of them are first-rounders: Joey Bosa (Chargers), Darron Lee (Jets), and Joshua Garnett (49ers). Zach Links is keeping a running list of the unsigned picks, and we’ll keep it updated until the entire 2016 is under contract.
- Franchise-tagged players have until July 15 to sign extensions, so in our latest Community Tailgate segment, we asked which player is more likely to sign a long-term deal: Broncos linebacker Von Miller or Bears wide receiver Alshon Jeffery? Jeffery has already signed his franchise tender, so Chicago doesn’t need to worry about him holding out, while Miller has threatened to sit out the entire season in the hopes of landing a massive contract. Weigh in with your thoughts in the comments section!
- I passed along a few PFR-exclusive updates on several free agents, reporting items on wide receiver Denarius Moore, cornerback Cary Williams, and punter Spencer Lanning.
- Given that Bosa and the Chargers are reportedly in a contract dispute involving offset language, Zach updated out PFR glossary entry on the subject, explaining how the issue can often lead to drawn out negotiations and first-round picks.
- We’re excited to announce the launch of Pro Hockey Rumors, extending our coverage into a fourth sport. Our team has been writing for ten days, so there is plenty to read. We’ve launched the site just in time for the NHL’s free agency period, and we hope you’ll enjoy our coverage of all the latest news and rumors. Bookmark Pro Hockey Rumors today!
- Zach rounded up the best of the football blogs in the latest edition of Pigskin Links.