Hargrave, a product of FCS program South Carolina State, offers major strength with his 6’1″, 309 pound frame. While Hargrave did not face the best of the best in college, his dominating performances and strong showing at the combine ensured that he would be a third or fourth-round draft pick. In 2014, Hargrave tallied 16 sacks and followed it up with 13.5 sacks last year.
The Steelers’ draft class was headlined by first-round cornerback Artie Burns who signed earlier this week. When his name was called in April, the former University of Miami standout became the first corner selected by Pittsburgh in the first round since Chad Scott in 1997.
Here’s the complete rundown of the Steelers’ 2016 class:
- 1-25: Artie Burns, CB (Miami)
- 2-58: Sean Davis, DB (Maryland)
- 3-89: Javon Hargrave, DT (South Carolina State)
- 4-123: Jerald Hawkins, T (LSU)
- 6-220: Travis Feeney, LB (Washington)
- 7-229: Demarcus Ayers, WR (Houston)
- 7-246: Tyler Matakevich, LB (Temple)
Photo courtesy of USA Today Sports Images.