Today’s minor moves:
- The Broncos have waived tight end Manasseh Garner with a non-football illness designation and signed free agent tight end John Phillips to take his place, writes Cameron Wolfe of the Denver Post. Primarily a blocker, Phillips has 95 appearances (32 starts), 45 catches and four touchdowns on his six-year resume with Dallas and San Diego.
- The Bengals announced that they have signed safety Jimmy Wilson. Wilson, who turns 30 on Saturday, appeared in 13 games with San Diego last season before the team released him in December. Earlier this year, he hooked on with KC, but that stint was short lived. Since entering the league as a seventh-rounder in 2011, Wilson has played in 73 regular-season games, logged 28 starts, and amassed five interceptions.
- The Lions announced the signing of linebacker Dominique Tovell as well as the release of wide receiver Damian Copeland and linebacker Jerry Franklin.
- The Jets announced that they have cut rookie punter Tom Hackett. With Hackett out of the picture, fellow rookie Lachlan Edwards has presumably won the team’s punting job.
- The Falcons announced the signing of defensive end Efe Obada. In a related move, Atlanta waived wide receiver Daje Johnson.