Cowboys Not Interested In Nick Foles

Apparently, the Cowboys are content to go into 2016 with Kellen Moore as their No. 2 quarterback. Speaking to reporters today, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said that Dallas will not be pursuing free agent quarterback Nick Foles, as Jon Machota of the Dallas Morning News writes. Nick Foles (vertical)

Foles isn’t an option. We wouldn’t get him any snaps. We got four that are going to get the snaps,” the Cowboys owner and GM said, referring to Tony Romo, Moore, Dak Prescott and Jameill Showers.

COO Stephen Jones went a step further, saying that the Cowboys aren’t going to look for outside help at all at QB.

At some point you have to develop guys,” the younger Jones said Friday. “I think Cincinnati last year had a really solid football team. You look at what they did with A.J. [McCarron], a fourth-round pick out of the SEC. He came in and had every opportunity and — nothing to do with him — had a chance to win a playoff game for them.”

Last year, when the Cowboys had to rely on Moore, Matt Cassel, and Brandon Weeden, they went 1-11. After seeing what can happen without Romo in the lineup, many assumed that Foles would be a natural fit following his release.

Photo courtesy of USA Today Sports Images.

View Comments (2)
newest oldest

2 comments on “Cowboys Not Interested In Nick Foles

  1. i think nick over estimated his market for himself. sooner or later an injury will make an opening for him though. he can afford to remain patient

  2. Wayne

    Jerry dreams and fantasizes about Johnny Maziel…..but takes a pass on Nick Foles. Go figure.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

 Notify me of followup comments via e-mail.