Extra Points: Hester, White, Bennett, Coughlin

Some assorted notes from around the NFL on this Saturday afternoon…

  • Devin Hester is hoping to play one more season in the NFL, and the return man told ESPN.com’s Vaughn McClure that several teams have already reached out. “Teams already have tried to sign me, but I’m not ready to go,” Hester said. “We told teams that I’m not ready to practice, still rehabbing.” The 33-year-old is still recovering from offseason toe surgery. Hester was released by the Falcons earlier this week.
  • Roddy White isn’t looking to sign a minimum-salary contract for 2016, writes Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk.com. The 34-year-old is still on the Titans “radar,” even after the team signed veteran wideout Andre Johnson. If things don’t work out with the former Texans star, Florio notes that the Titans could make a harder push for White.
  • Florio also adds the Buccaneers to the list of potential landing spots for White. The writer cites the receiver’s relationship with head coach Dirk Koetter, who was previously the Falcons offensive coordinator.
  • With reports surrounding Michael Bennett‘s apparent dissatisfaction with his contract, NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport tweets that the defensive end “is in town” for the first day of Seahawks training camp. Earlier this week, it was reported that the two sides would meet to discuss the 30-year-old’s contract.
  • Following news that former coach Tom Coughlin would be joining the NFL’s football operations department, Florio has details on the role. Coughlin will serve as a “senior advisor,” working alongside executive V.P. of football operations Troy Vincent and participating in “all game-related committees.” The 69-year-old will also provide “strategic guidance” on the draft and the Pro Bowl.
View Comments (0)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

 Notify me of followup comments via e-mail.