Former New England defensive end Rufus Johnson worked out for the Falcons today, according to a source who spoke with Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle (Twitter link). Johnson has made the rounds on the workout circuit since getting waived off the Patriots’ practice squad in September. Atlanta also took a look at quarterback Ricky Stanzi, wide receivers Max McCaffrey and Anthony Dable, and defensive ends Lawrence Okoye and Arthur Miley, tweets Adam Caplan of ESPN.com.
Let’s take a look at the rest of the workouts happening around the league today, all courtesy of Caplan unless otherwise noted:
- The Redskins worked out running backs Storm Johnson, Brandon Ross, Dreamius Smith, and Cedric O’Neal, as well as centers Trevor Robinson and Shane McDermott (Twitter link). Washington is taking a look at backs after Matt Jones was forced to miss Week 9 with a knee injury.
- The Lions worked out tight ends Ryan Malleck and Gannon Sinclair, defensive ends Rakim Cox and Jordan Williams, and linebacker Tristan Okpalaugo (Twitter link).
- Tight end Kennard Backman, who appeared in seven games with the Packers last season, auditioned for the Ravens today (Twitter link).
- The 49ers worked out wide receivers Antwan Goodley (Twitter link via Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com) and Mose Frazier (Twitter link).
- The Texans worked out tight end Kyle Carter, who went undrafted out of Penn State earlier this year (Twitter link).