Jaguars GM David Caldwell isn’t opposed to trading a draft pick for a veteran player. “Depends on the player,” he told Ryan O’Halloran (on Twitter) and the rest of the Jaguars’ beat writers. But how about Vikings running back Adrian Peterson?
“He’s on the Vikings,” the GM said flatly.
Caldwell declined to really comment on AD, but he had plenty more to tell the group of local reporters. Here’s a look at the highlights of his presser..
- The GM said he never made an offer to wide receiver Greg Jennings before he signed with the Dolphins, O’Halloran tweets. The Jags were among the teams interested in the veteran, along with the Panthers and Saints. The 31-year-old ultimately got a two-year, $8MM deal from Miami.
- Caldwell says he’s not disappointed that the team hasn’t heard anything regarding wide receiver Justin Blackmon‘s status, Michael DiRocco of ESPN.com tweets. For now, the Jaguars will be going forward as planned without him.
- The Jaguars have narrowed their choice at to three-to-five players if they stay put at No. 3, O’Halloran tweets. So far, he says he has yet to receive a call on the pick (link).
- Caldwell said about 200 players are on the Jaguars’ board, O’Halloran tweets.
- Caldwell emphasized the need for a difference-maker rather than two solid players, John Oehser of Jaguars.com tweets.