We will post any and all “minor moves” right here over the course of the day:
- The Colts have signed undrafted rookie tackle Matt Hall, the team announced. Hall originally signed with the Vikings in May, but was cut by the team on Friday.
- The Redskins have waived 2013 fifth-round draft pick Brandon Jenkins, and activated Mo Hurt after he passed his physical, reports Mike Jones of the Washington Post (via Twitter). Moving on from Jenkins was not a surprise, as John Keim of ESPN.com, Tarik El-Bashir of CSNWashington, and Jones all took to Twitter to comment on the player’s struggles and inability to contribute.
- The Panthers have signed former Brown Fozzy Whittaker to replace the injured Tyler Gaffney, reports Ian Rapoport of NFL.com (via Twitter). Whitaker can contribute both as a tailback and kick returner.
- The Bears have waived guard James Dunbar out of TCU, reports Jeff Dickerson of ESPNChicago.com (via Twitter).
- The Dolphins have signed offensive tackle Steven Baker, reports Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun (via Twitter).
- The Colts have waived tackle Jack Breckner, tweets Craig Kelley of Colts.com.
- The Panthers have signed safety Tom Nelson, tweets David Newton of ESPN.com. Newton adds that the club still has a roster spot to replace injured RB Tyler Gaffney.
- The Patriots have waived wide receiver Greg Orton, tweets Jeff Howe of The Boston Herald. Howe adds that Orton will revert to IR once he clears waivers. Shalize Manza Young of The Boston Glove tweets that the team has signed wideouts Cole Stanford and Brian Tyms and that the 90-man roster is once again full.
- The Colts have signed running back Davin Meggett, tweets Matt Zenitz of The Baltimore Sun. Meggett, who has spent time on the practice squads of four different NFL clubs since leaving the University of Maryland in 2011, signed with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the Canadian Football League in June but was released by the team earlier this month. Meggett provides backfield depth in the wake of Vick Ballard‘s season-ending injury. Prior to the signing, Stephen Holder of The Indianapolis Star examined the different options the Colts might pursue to replace Ballard, options that still may be on the table after acquiring the unproven Meggett.
- In a corresponding move, the Colts have place LB Aaron Morgan on IR, tweets Aaron Wilson of The Baltimore Sun.
Rob DiRe and Ben Levine contributed to this post.