As teams attempt to expand their prospect visit itineraries, here is some early-afternoon news from the western divisions.
- Offensive tackle Joe Barksdale paid a visit to the Titans this week, but according to Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch (Twitter links), the veteran free agent left Tennessee without a deal, and the Rams remain in the mix for him.
- Missouri defensive tackle Lucas Vincent has a workout today with the Chiefs, according to Terez A. Paylor of the Kansas City Star (Twitter link). Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun passes along word of another local workout, tweeting that the Broncos are taking a look at Colorado State-Pueblo defensive lineman Josh Bredl.
- Also from Paylor (via Twitter): cornerback prospect DeVante Bausby is attending the Chiefs’ local pro day. A longtime starter at Division II power Pittsburg State, Bausby attended high school in Kansas City, Kan.
- South Florida cornerback Chris Dunkley will trek to the 49ers‘ and Chargers‘ facilities this week, respectively, according to the Tampa Bay Times’ Greg Auman on Twitter. The converted wide receiver who also returned kicks for the Bulls previously visited the Patriots and Bills.
- In addition to lining up summits with DeVante Parker and Sammie Coates, the 49ers will also meet with Ohio State wide receiver Devin Smith next week, per Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee. ESPN’s Todd McShay rates the ex-Buckeyes deep threat as his 34th-best prospect (subscription required). The 49ers have also had discussions with wideouts they’d have to trade up to draft in Amari Cooper and Kevin White, reports Barrows.
Sam Robinson contributed to this report