A trio of NFC teams have shown interest in South Carolina wide receiver Bruce Ellington, the cousin of Cardinals running back Andre Ellington. The former Gamecock will be meeting with the Rams and Cards this week, according to Mike Garafolo of Fox Sports (via Twitter). Ian Rapoport of NFL.com chimes in (via Twitter) to add that Ellington has already worked out for the Falcons, while both Garafolo and Rapoport mention the Patriots‘ interest in the player. Ellington had 775 receiving yards and eight touchdowns in 2013.
Let’s dive into some more draft notes from around the NFC…
- Portland State running back D.J. Adams and Tennessee-Chattanooga cornerback Kadeem Wise are among the players scheduled to work out at the Falcons’ local prospect day tomorrow, tweets Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun.
- The Saints are “definitely interested” in former Alabama wideout Kevin Norwood, tweets Larry Holder of NOLA.com.
- In one of his articles, Holder projects the Saints‘ draft and has the team selecting wide receiver Marqise Lee with its first-round pick. Other notable Saints selections in Holder’s draft include defensive end Jeremiah Attaochu and cornerback Pierre Desir.
- Despite tearing his ACL at Senior Bowl practice, Oklahoma cornerback Aaron Colvin has been busy with pre-draft visits, meeting with the Eagles, Saints, and 49ers, according to Alex Marvez of Fox Sports (via Twitter).
- Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com and Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee provide the details on several prospects scheduled to visit with the 49ers, including receivers Martavis Bryant and Albert Wilson, Louisville linebacker Preston Brown, and Boise State defensive end Demarcus Lawrence.
- The Cowboys have interest in Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray, and plan to attend his Pro Day this week, tweets Calvin Watkins of ESPNDallas.com.
- The Bears recently brought in Wisconsin running back James White for a workout, reports Jeff Dickerson of ESPNChicago.com (via Twitter).
Ben Levine contributed to this post.