Jared Allen‘s first visit of his free agency will be with the Broncos, which was first reported by Ian Rapaport of NFL.com (Dan Hanzus of NFL.com credited him with the report). Allen could be a perfect fit for a team in need of a pass rusher, unless they somehow find a way to attract an even bigger name in free agency.
Here are some other notes from around the AFC West:
- Austin Howard is visiting with the Raiders, as reported by Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News (via Twitter). The much improved right tackle failed to come to an agreement to stay with the Jets, and could play opposite the Raiders’ new presumed left tackle Rodger Saffold (unless Saffold is a very expensive guard).
- While the Raiders have already retained one running back, they may still be looking to add depth to their backfield. Ian Rapaport of NFL.com reports that the team also has an interest former Giant tailback Andre Brown (via Twitter).
- Kavell Conner is visiting with the Chargers, reports Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun (via Twitter). The former Colts linebacker was a starter for much of his first three seasons in Indianapolis, but did not start a single game in 2013.
- Wide receiver Joe Morgan, who was non-tendered as a restricted free agent recently by the Saints, is visiting the Chiefs, tweets Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press.
- The Chiefs are interested in veteran inside linebacker Joe Mays, who coach Andy Reid selected in the sixth round of the 2008 draft, tweets Adam Caplan of ESPN.