Monday’s minor transactions from around the NFL:
- Washington signed TE Je’Ron Hamm off the practice squad and released fellow tight end Anthony McCoy, John Keim of ESPN.com writes. Washington signed McCoy on September 7th and he played in six games while being inactive for the last three. McCoy did not give Washington the kind of blocking that they had hoped for but they’re likely not expecting that out of Hamm, either, since he is more of a receiving tight end.
- For the second time in 2015, the Buccaneers have claimed linebacker Kourtnei Brown off waivers from the Texans, as Jenna Laine of Sports Talk 1040 tweets. Brown spent three weeks with the Bucs before getting cut and getting signed to Tampa Bay’s taxi squad before joining Houston’s active roster. The 27-year-old played in one game for the Bucs earlier this season.
- The Saints are going to sign outside linebacker Phillip Hunt, according to Adam Caplan of ESPN.com (on Twitter).
- To make room, the Saints cut linebacker Jo-Lonn Dunbar, a source tells Nick Underhill of The New Orleans Advocate (on Twitter).
- The Ravens waived wide receiver Joe Morgan and promoted Chuck Jacobs from the taxi squad, per Jeff Zrebiec of The Baltimore Sun (on Twitter).