The Titans, one of the last teams in the NFL to formally announce their undrafted free agent class, have done so today, confirming in a press release that they’ve agreed to terms with 11 rookies who weren’t selected in the 2016 draft. The team announced that it has reached deals with six members of its ’16 draft class as well.
In addition to bringing in 11 undrafted free agents and locking up six draftees, the team also announced that it has waived two veteran players — wide receiver Damaris Johnson and cornerback Steven Clarke. A former Vanderbilt CB, Clarke spent last summer with the Dolphins but has never appeared in an NFL regular season game. Johnson, on the other hand, has played in 44 career contests, most notably catching 31 balls for 331 yards and a touchdown during the 2014 season for the Texans.
Here’s the complete list of the Titans’ 11 incoming UDFAs:
- DE Mehdi Abdesmad (Boston College)
- S Lamarcus Brutus (Florida State) ($5K bonus, per Aaron Wilson)
- T Sam Carlson (Colorado State)
- WR Rashon Ceaser (Louisiana-Monroe)
- TE Alex Ellis (Tennessee)
- DE Iosia Iosia (West Texas A&M)
- DE Terrell Lathan (TCU)
- T Tyler Marz (Wisconsin)
- T Nick Ritcher (Richmond)
- K Aldrick Rosas (Southern Oregon) ($1K bonus, per Wilson)
- NT Antwaun Woods (USC)
And here’s the list of Titans draft picks who have agreed to terms with the team so far:
- 2-43: Austin Johnson, DL (Penn State)
- 2-45: Derrick Henry, RB (Alabama)
- 5-140: Tajae Sharpe, WR (Massachusetts)
- 5-157: LeShaun Sims, CB (Southern Utah)
- 7-222: Aaron Wallace, LB (UCLA)
- 7-253: Kalan Reed, DB (Southern Mississippi)
First-round tackle Jack Conklin and second-round edge defender Kevin Dodd are among the draftees who have yet to finalize contracts with the club.