April 26th, 2017 at 5:47pm CST by Connor J. Byrne
The latest minor moves from around the NFL:
- The Jets have waived running back Brandon Burks, wide receiver Darius Jennings, long snapper Josh Latham, linebacker Jeff Luc and defensive lineman Julien Obioha, per a team announcement. Jennings is the most experienced member of the group, but even he has just four NFL games under his belt (with Cleveland in 2015). During that stretch, he caught 14 passes on 21 attempts and totaled 171 yards.
- The Falcons have waived defensive tackle Jimmy Staten, a Georgia native who has spent time with six organizations since the Seahawks used a fifth-round pick on him in 2014. Staten, who hasn’t seen any regular-season action to this point, joined the Falcons’ practice squad in January.
- The Cowboys have signed Australian punter Sam Irwin-Hill, according to Charean Williams of the Star-Telegram (Twitter link). Irwin-Hill went undrafted out of Arkansas in 2014.
- Three of the Ravens’ exclusive rights free agents – receiver Keenan Reynolds, offensive lineman De’Ondre Wesley and linebacker Brennen Beyer – have signed their tenders, tweets Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun.
January 18th, 2017 at 7:13pm CST by Dallas Robinson
Here are the latest reserve/futures contract signings from around the NFL. These deals will go into effect on the first day of the 2017 league year, with players joining their respective clubs’ offseason 90-man rosters:
New York Giants
New York Jets
August 29th, 2016 at 3:18pm CST by Zachary Links
The Bengals have only four moves left to make in advance of tomorrow’s 75-man deadline. On Monday, the club announced that eleven players have been cut loose:
- FB Jeff Luc
- DL Jack Gangwish
- CB Corey Tindal
- S Floyd Raven
- LB Darien Harris
- QB Joe Licata
- WR Antwane Grant
- K Zach Hocker
- TE John Peters
- LB Jayson DiManche
The Bengals should be able to whittle down their roster a bit more by placing players like Cedric Peerman (fractured forearm) and fourth-round draft pick Andrew Billings (surgically-repaired meniscus) on IR. Defensive tackle Brandon Thompson (ACL) is also likely to hit the PUP list.
January 11th, 2016 at 4:07pm CST by Zachary Links
Today’s minor signings, cuts, and other moves:
- The Vikings announced that they have inked the following seven players to reserve/future deals: guard Isame Faciane, wide receiver Isaac Fruechte, defensive tackle Toby Johnson, safety John Lowdermilk, linebacker Terrance Plummer, running back Blake Renaud, and linebacker Alex Singleton. Renaud has had several stints with the Vikings’ taxi squad since coming out of Boise State.
- The Jets announced (on Twitter) that they have signed tackle Jesse Davis and tight end Adrien Robinson to reserve/future contracts. The Jets also signed offensive lineman Lawrence Okoye to a futures deal, Brian Costello of the New York Post tweets.
- The Bears announced (Twitter link) that they have signed linebacker Keith Browner to reserve/futures contract. Browner appeared in three games for Houston in 2014. The 6’4″, 288 pound athlete played college football at Cal and has also been listed as a defensive end in the past.
- The Texans signed guard Karim Barton, center Dalton Freeman, running back Kenny Hilliard, wide receiver Josh Lenz, cornerback Robert Nelson, defensive end Dan Pettinato, outside linebacker Gerald Rivers, linebacker Tony Washington, and tight end Eric Tomlinson to reserve/future deals, per Aaron Wilson of The Baltimore Sun (on Twitter).
- The Titans signed former Vanderbilt cornerback Steven Clarke to a futures deal, Jim Wyatt of Titans Online tweets.
- The Bengals announced that they have signed the following players to futures deals: wide receiver Michael Bennett, linebacker Jayson DiManche, guard Trey Hopkins, wide receiver Jake Kumerow, tight end Matt Lengel, and linebacker Jeff Luc.
December 29th, 2015 at 7:56pm CST by Zachary Links
Here are Tuesday’s practice squad signings and cuts from around the NFL:
New Orleans Saints
- Signed: RB Kevin Monangai (Twitter link via Zach Berman of the Philadelphia Inquirer)
San Francisco 49ers
- Signed: CB Kyle Sebetic (link via Paul Gutierrez of ESPN.com)
November 18th, 2015 at 5:12pm CST by Zachary Links
Wednesday’s workouts from around the NFL:
- The Jets worked out kickers Corey Acosta, Michael Barnard, Tommy Frevert, Andrew Furney, Zach Hocker, Marvin Kloss, and Giorgio Tavecchio as well as wide receiver/kick returners Trindon Holliday and Damaris Johnson, Aaron Wilson of The Houston Chronicle tweets.
- The Giants worked out running back Robert Turbin (now with the Cowboys), tackle Jake Rodgers, guard Jared Smith, linebacker Kevin Snyder, guard Anthony Steen, guard Donald Thomas, quarterback Dustin Vaughan, tight end Connor Hamlett, defensive lineman Toby Johnson, linebacker Jeff Luc, linebacker Mike Mohamed, and defensive back Floyd Raven, according to Wilson (Twitter links).
- The Patriots worked out running backs Dominique Brown and Marion Grice, wide receivers Andre Davis and Antwan Goodley, defensive end Glenn Foster, defensive backs Jonathon Mincy, and tight end Justin Tukes, per Wilson (Twitter links).
- The Colts auditioned defensive tackle Christo Bilukidi and tackle John Wetzel, Wilson tweets.
- The Dolphins auditioned tackel Cameron Clear, tight end Blake Annen, and linebacker Curtis Grant, Wilson tweets.
- The Seahawks worked out running back DuJuan Harris, Wilson tweets.
- The Rams worked out tackle James Brewer, Wilson tweets.
- With issues at long snapper, the Eagles worked out Tyler Ott and Patrick Scales, Wilson tweets.
October 28th, 2015 at 5:13pm CST by Zachary Links
Today’s workouts from around the NFL..
- The Jets worked out defensive end Lawrence Okoye, Rich Cimini of ESPNNewYork.com tweets. Okoye, a former University of Kentucky discus hurler, had previous stops with the 49ers and Cardinals.
- The Saints tried out John Conner and Henry Hynoski, a league source tells Mike Florio of PFT. New Orleans already has a fullback on the roster in Austin Johnson, but he was a surprise scratch on Sunday and he may have fallen out of favor with coaches. Conner, nicknamed the Terminator, was a favorite of Rex Ryan while with the Jets. Conner followed Ryan to Buffalo in 2015, but he was let go before the start of the season. Hynoski, a four-year veteran, spent his full career with the Giants and appeared in every game last year.
- The Seahawks had ten players in for tryouts on Monday, including running back Isaiah Pead and defensive end Lawrence Okoye, a source tells Florio. Linebacker John Lotulelei, tackle Jesse Davis, guard Taylor Boggs, defensive end Keith Browner, guard Kadeem Edwards, defensive end Efe Obada, and defensive end DeAngelo Tyson were also showing their stuff for Seattle.
- The Jaguars brought in kickers Zach Hocker and Randy Bullock for a workout on Wednesday, but Josh Scobee was not among those in attendance, according to Michael DiRocco of ESPN.com (Twitter links).
- In addition to their previously reported look at Jeff Demps, the Jets tried out running back Akeem Hunt on Tuesday, a league source tells Florio. Wide receiver Larry Pinkard also got a look from Gang Green. Chris Ivory is dealing with tightness in his quad, so the Jets might opt to add a running back if he needs to sit out for a while.
- The Browns recently worked out cornerbacks Bill Bentley, Chase Casey, Al Louis-Jean, and Robert Steeples, Adam Caplan of ESPN.com tweets.
- The Cardinals worked out Emmanuel Acho, James Anderson and Ja’Gared Davis, Aaron Wilson of The Houston Chronicle tweets.
- The Falcons worked out Mike Gillislee and Devin Wylie, Wilson tweets.
- The Panthers worked out Andrew Miller, Wilson tweets.
- The Jets worked out wide receiver Larry Pinkard, Wilson tweets.
- The Steelers worked out Dwight Bentley and Montell Garner, Wilson tweets.
- The Raiders worked out Dyshawn Davis, Wilson tweets.
- The Saints worked out Jeff Luc, Patrick Scales, Jason Williams, and Christian Yount, Wilson tweets.
- The Packers worked out Justin Anderson, Curtis Grant, and Ronald Powell, Wilson tweets.
- The Colts worked out Sean Baker, Matt Daniels, outside linebacker Mike McAdoo, and Dreamius Smith, Wilson tweets.
September 30th, 2015 at 4:20pm CST by Zachary Links
Today’s workouts from around the NFL..
- The Cardinals tried out offensive tackle Xavier Proctor and defensive back Tyrequek Zimmerman, according to Aaron Wilson of The Houston Chronicle (on Twitter).
- The Panthers tried out long snappers Danny Aiken and Patrick Scales, Wilson tweets.
- The Lions tried out defensive end Jonathan Massaquoi, Wilson tweets.
- The Colts tried out defensive backs Kevin White, Trovon Reed, Ri’Shard Anderson, and Tay Glover-Wright prior to signing Shaun Prater, Wilson tweets. Linebackers Jayson DiManche and Julian Stanford also worked out for Indy. The Colts also tried out defensive tackle Eric Crume and offensive tackle Aundrey Walker (link).
- The Vikings tried out Tevin Westbrook before he landed on the Buccaneers’ taxi squad, Wilson tweets.
- The Giants tried out long snappers Luke Ingram and Tyler Ott, Wilson tweets.
- The Jets tried out linebackers Jeff Luc and Quayshawn Nealy and running back Joe Banyard, tweets Wilson.
- The Seahawks tried out quarterback McLeod Bethel-Thompson and wide receiver L’Damian Washington, tweets Wilson.
- The Buccaneers tried out tackle Sean Hickey, Wilson tweets.
- The Chargers tried out tight end Cameron Clear, defensive end Xzavier Dickson, Tevin Westbrook (prior to his signing with the Bucs’ practice squad), tight end Brian Vogler, and offensive tackle Byron Stingily, according to Wilson (Twitter link).
September 23rd, 2015 at 2:16pm CST by Luke Adams
Teams around the NFL are bringing in players for workouts, surveying the free agent landscape for possible practice squad additions or 53-man roster players, either for the near future or down the road. Here are a few of the latest auditions from across the league, via Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle (all links go to Twitter):
- Former Broncos cornerback Tony Carter had a workout with the Ravens, who have liked him for a while. Of course, up until very recently, Carter was under contract with Denver.
- In addition to Matt Huffer, whose workout was reported yesterday, offensive linemen Kevin Graf, Antonio Johnson, and Travis Bond, along with defensive ends Matt Conrath and Xzavier Dickson, were among the players who auditioned for the Broncos this week.
- We already heard that the Jets brought in multiple receivers this week for workouts, and we can add a few more names to that list: DaVaris Daniels, Titus Davis, and Josh Lenz got a look from New York.
- It was a linebacker-heavy workout group this week in Jacksonville, as the Jaguars auditioned Jeff Luc, Alex Singleton, and Jordan Tripp, in addition to Jayson DiManche, whose workout was previously reported.
- We can add tight end Nick Kasa, guard Joe Looney, wide receiver Marcus Lucas, ex-Niners tackle Sean Hooey, and former Titans tackle Byron Stingily to the list of players who tried out for the Dolphins this week. We learned yesterday that tight end Adrien Robinson also visited the team.
- The lengthy roster of players who auditioned this week for the Titans: cornerbacks Robert McClain, Robert Steeples, Shaun Prater, and Carrington Byndom; safeties Jean Fanor and Robert Lester; and wide receiver Nick Toon.
- The Panthers brought in several defensive backs for tryouts, taking a look at Richard Crawford, Ras-I Dowling, and Tajh Hasson.
- Wide receiver Deonte Thompson turned an audition with the Bears into a practice squad spot this week, but he wasn’t the only player to work out for the team. The club also brought in wide receiver DeVier Posey, quarterback Alex Tanney, and QB Justin Worley.
- The Lions were eyeing veteran defensive backs this week, with ex-Giants safety Stevie Brown, longtime Panthers safety Charles Godfrey, and former Raiders DB Brandian Ross all coming in for auditions. The club also worked out tight end Mickey Shuler.
- Defensive tackle Deandre Coleman, cut from the Dolphins’ practice squad last week, and former Broncos defensive end Quanterus Smith both worked out for the Seahawks this week.
- After being removed from the Patriots’ injured reserve list last week, wide receiver Jonathan Krause tried out for the Eagles.
- Washington auditioned two linebackers who hit the open market within the last few weeks, bringing in ex-Bengal Nico Johnson and former Seahawk Alex Singleton. It’s been a busy week for Singleton, who also worked out for the Jaguars, as noted above.
- The Packers took a look this week at tight end Blake Annen, defensive tackle Justin Hamilton, CFL linebacker Henoc Muamba, and linebacker Josh Shirley.
September 12th, 2015 at 8:51am CST by Ben Levine
The Chiefs worked out former seventh-round pick Cam Johnson, reports Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle (via Twitter). The linebacker spent the previous three seasons with the Colts, compiling five tackles in 13 appearances. A 49ers draft pick in 2012, Johnson was waived by Indy last week.
Let’s check out some more audition notes from around the league. All links are via Wilson, unless noted otherwise…
- The Jaguars worked out wideout Shaq Evans and quarterbacks Shane Carden and McLeod Bethel-Thompson. Carden, an undrafted rookie, inked a deal with the Bears following the draft. Meanwhile, Bethel-Thompson, an undrafted rookie in 2011, is still looking to make his NFL debut (Twitter link).
- The Packers auditioned a group of players: receivers Issac Blakeney, Titus Davis, and Marcus Lucas, defensive ends Nordly Capi and Derrick Lott, linebacker Jeff Luc, and quarterback Donovan Porterie (Twitter link).