A couple of notes from around the National Football Conference to end your weekend…
- After having visited the Seahawks today, it appears that Jared Allen will also visit the Cowboys, tweets Sean Jensen of Thrive Sports.
- After losing out on Julian Edelman and Emmanuel Sanders, the 49ers‘ list of potential receivers is shrinking, says ESPN.com’s Bill Williamson. The writer throws out James Jones, Santonio Holmes and Sidney Rice as potential options for the team.
- Paying Daryl Washington the first installment of his bonus was a “good risk” by the Cardinals, writes Josh Weinfuss of ESPN.com. Despite the linebacker’s inability to stay out of trouble, his Pro Bowl-like talent and production makes the relatively low monetary risk worth it.
- While the team certainly has depth at receiver after inking Golden Tate, don’t expect the Lions to drop a wideout, writes Michael Rothstein of ESPN.com. He identifies Ryan Broyles and Kris Durham as being on the bottom of the depth chart, but believes that both players could still stick around. Rothstein guesses that Broyles could start the season on the PUP list.
- It’ll likely be a while before Corey Wootton signs anywhere, but ESPN.com’s Michael C. Wright thinks the Bears should bring back the defensive lineman.